Built in the 16th century, this magnificent edifice is the most popular and famous of all the churches in Goa. The mortal remains of St. Francis Xavier, kept in a silver casket, are enshrined here. The casket was wrought by Goan silversmiths in 1636 – 37. Dedicated to Infant Jesus, this church is now a World Heritage Monument.
The entrance and the choir were built in the Manueline style, the only fragment of its kind in the East. First built in 1517, it was later rebuilt twice, in 1521 and in 1661. The interior is illustrated with exquisite paintings and the floor has a large number of tombstones with coats-of-arms. The adjacent convent now houses the Archaeological Museum.
Built in 1661 in the style of St.Peter’s Basilica in Rome. It has a Corinthian facade with the main altar dedicated to Our Lady if Divine Providence.
The most imposing of all the churches at Old Goa, its vaulted interior overwhelms visitors with its sheer grandeur. This Cathedral has five bells, among them the famous Golden bell, the biggest in Goa and one of the best in the world. The church is dedicated to St.Catherine of Alexandria..
Built like a fortress, it is significant for its massive walls and buttresses. It is the only nunnery in Goa. The convent has a vast courtyard with a cloister. Its three storeys have numerous cells and halls.